Altavita D3 comes as a soft capsule or an oral solution. The Altavita D3 range offers a choice of daily, weekly and monthly medicines for the prevention of vitamin D deficiency. Your doctor will advise you on the dose that is right for you.
What is your medicine used for?2-5
Altavita D3 is prescribed:
- For the prevention of vitamin D deficiency when it is felt that there is a significant risk of deficiency or the body is facing an increased demand for vitamin D.
- Alongside other medicines to treat certain bone conditions, such as thinning of the bone (osteoporosis).
- To treat vitamin D deficiency that has been confirmed by blood tests.
Altavita® D3 1,000 IU and 7,000 IU soft gel capsules are also prescribed:
- For the prevention of vitamin D deficiency in pregnant and breastfeeding women when it is felt that there is a significant risk of deficiency3-4
- For people who prefer a weekly or daily dose.